Monday, November 28, 2016

Haboob, the sand storm.......

'Haboob' is a severe form of sand storm characteristic of arid regions of the world such as Middle East, South Western USA, Australia, Sahara in Africa........
Whether India has such phenomenon or not I am not sure.....
But, while I was studying in IIT Guwahati, sometimes sand storm will come...for days...
The research laboratory worked in was insulated, so the difference was not known...
But, when I would exit it, the weather would smell fishy....
When I would enter my hostel room, sand can be felt everywhere...study table, bed, floor..
The computer mouse would squeak againt the pad....sleeping on the bed will cause itching...
I would clean the room.......and close all windows..
Next day, when would come...the room is gain covered in dust.......
The only opening to the outside was a small ventilator...
How, frustrating it was!.

I think about people of Dubai, Phoenix etc.....how they cope with the wrath of 'Haboob'?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...