Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My tryst with Brahmaputra river.......

Brahmaputra is a mighty river of  Asia....it flows through much of North east...
As a kid, I had read about its life-giving as well as devastating power, when my elder sister who served as a physics lecturer, would get fictions from  the college library.......
I would read and dream of visiting those faraway places.....the hills, tea gardens, pine apple fields...
For someone with my background, only excellent education and scholarship can do that..
I had no problem with that....I got lucky to be admitted into our beloved alma mater IITG...during the course of my three years study there, I got myriad opportunities to play, roam, ferry on the Brahmaputra..
You can not be not happy after having such blissful nature treats...

Some shots........

River is scary in rainy season..




Boating on the river, with trainees...it was fun, but risky as well.......lots of whirlpools in the river...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...