Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Start humble..dream big..contribute to the world....My life..

I started as a village girl..........for first 15 years of life...then I moved from towns to cities to metros for studies........and now I live somewhere in between Los Angeles and San Diego...

As one of the child of a school teacher...entertainment options were few.....I mean travelling...
I was sure to one day go as far as I want....
But, to materialize this dream I have to work hard........using whatever resource I have got...

My father had created a mini-library at home...with thousands of books and magazines...
Science, religion, history, geography, comics, biography, fiction........
In English, Hindi, Oriya...
I made good use of them......no fancy reading nook, but lots of trees in the backyard....under the canopy of which, listening to chirps of birds and inhaling the blossoms, I soaked in those...

Mother would supply snacks and tea.....we used to pluck fresh ripe oranges and guavas...
The friendly cattle would come to interact....
In such peaceful environment, I spent my formative years.....

Now, in my early 30s' nothing gives me as much bliss as learning...
Not only reading other's work, I do author myself...so far 80 articles in science journals and several books.........
On topics as diverse as tuberculosis, probiotics, Ebola, ethnobotany, cancer, cockroach allergy, cardiac glycosides, brain-eating amoeba, autism, health risks of pesticides, vitiligo, among an array other topics critical for human health...
Life appears meaningful....feel very happy to have developed such an addiction, that other addictions have no place in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...