Thursday, July 21, 2016

In the glory of neem tree..

Neem (Azadirachta indica) is a major tree of India.........and its medicinal value dates back to Ayurvedic Era......

For its medicinal value, it takes a pride of place in most backyards, including ours........
In spring the mild breeze came through its canopy...may be because, spring season  brings many viral infections...and the bitter air is supposed to kill the disease-causing agents...
And the blossoms were used in recipes..


As a kid I would jump in mud puddles and get lesions in the rainy season...that's when my mother would boil some leaves and wash the wounds.....I never needed to take any antibiotics...
This memory makes me emotional, for the love of mothers...

And the plant bore oval fruits...which birds thronged to gorge on...

Now, when I go home..........hear the koels singing hidden in its foliage.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...