Saturday, August 8, 2015

Puffed rice salad.....

Puffed rice salad or spicy bhelpuri or jhal-muri..call it whatever..this is a favourite tea time snacks for  many Indians, including me. The balanced mixture of crisp, puffed rice, spicy namkeen, shredded tomatoes and onions, green chilli, sprouted grams, a piece of pickle, garnished with raw mustard oil, lemon juice and coriander leaves makes a  savoury. Not only this medley palatable, healthy as well. I grew fed on this snacks years after years. A time came when I was annoyed to have the same combo regularly. But, when I went for higher studies to far-away places and now when I live abroad,  miss this childhood delicacy. With globalization, I can get all ingredients here and toss the same, but still it feels something is missing. May be the taste and crunchiness of home-prepared puffed rice or most probably, mother's touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...