Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Monsoon and rain in India.....(I)...

Arrival of monsoon in India is an annual phenomenon of overwhelming importance. It had been years, I make it a point to witness it as the periodic wind sweeps across the parched Indian peninsula, accompanied with rain-gravid, smudgy clouds fast spreading across the sky and rumbling thunders creating a dramatic scenario. 
Dense monsoon clouds descending on my village home in India. The veil of moisture-gravid, nimbus clouds accompanied by roaring winds looks scary, but brings cheer to the parched land, sun-blighted flora and fauna. I enjoy watching the stunning annual phenomenon. And who can deny the fun of drenching in the drizzles after the prolonged summer and getting intoxicated with the vanilla smell of wet earth? I am already feeling nostalgic.




Neighborhood....


The moisture-laden sky..

Its a picture of the monsoon clouds diffusing across North-East India, photographed from the window of the moving Saraighat Express. Not only for the paddy fields, the deciduous forests and grazing cattle, it elates me and imparts respite from the sultry, muggy summer months..I enjoyed staring out of the window, occasionally sticking my hands out to feel the wind and drizzles, photographing the nature in its new incarnation, till darkness makes the vista obscure...

North-East India gets abundant rain...
When I was residing in Guwahati for my studies,  I used to enjoy the monsoon clouds, ample showers, cold winds, swaying branches, myriad bubbles....
Some pictures from archive...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...